Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to begin thinking about your plans regarding the impending Registered Tax Return Preparer exam. As much as many of us unintentionally procrastinate, it is advisable to go ahead and begin preparing to take the test. Do not wait until the last minute.
Here are a few facts about the current test that might help you as you plan:
1. The test is based on Tax Year 2011 tax law, so everything is current.
2. The testing fee is $116 dollars at the time of testing.
3. You must make an appointment to take the test using your PTIN account at www.irs.gov/ptin.
4. The test includes 120 multiple choice/ true or false questions.
5. The test will take approximately 2.5 depending on preparedness.
6. Passing score is 350/500. This is 70% or a C if you like grades.
7. You will get your score before you leave the testing site.
8. The test is available in English only.
***Prep Material is available now, and more material will be provided on your partner portal in the coming weeks.