Tax Talk

  • Should I get an EIN for my new tax prep business?

    Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are generally used if you hire employees and wish to keep your social security number off of their W2 or 1099 wage statements.  You can also use an EIN to open an business bank account.  Just because you get an EIN does not mean that you have incorporated your business and […]

    Home Buyer Credit deadline approaching

    Be sure to inform your clients that the September 30th deadline for closing on a new home is soon approaching.  The original deadline of June 30th, was extended due to the complaint from taxpayers that closing proceedings were taking longer than normal due to the more recent commonality of non-traditional purchases such as foreclosed homes […]

    NEW HSA qualified spending identified for 2011

    The IRS has released their changes relating to Flex Spending Accounts for the 2011 tax season.  These regulations and changes relate to such tax avoidance accounts as Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Archer Medical Savings Accounts (MSA).  Purchases of over the counter drugs NOT requiring a prescription will no longer be included as qualifying purchases.  […]

  • Nothing Found

    Sorry, but there are no articles in this category

  • Nothing Found

    Sorry, but there are no articles in this category

  • Federal Direct provides back office support to free your business up to GROW!

  • Be your clients’ hero! Our in-house Sure & Secure IRS Audit coverage makes you a true Problem Solver!

  • Federal Direct knows the focus and dedication it takes to grow your tax business!

  • Ready to offer tax services to undocumented aliens? We have the training and support to make it happen!

Want more info? We will contact you back within 1 business day